Flooding from rivers and coastal waters is a natural process which can damage property and be intensified through location, design, land use and the consequences of future climate change.
Flood risk assessments are often requested to accompany planning application. These can vary in requirement, depending on the size of the site, proposed use and location in relation to flood zones & critical drainage areas.
Further guidance, along with flood maps for planning, can be found on the Governments website.
Wills Design has extensive experience of the National Planning Policy Framework and a proven track record of producing site specific assessments for all types of developments from single units through to major residential, office, retail and industrial developments.
We offer advice and expertise in the following areas:
- Flood Risk Assessments (Outline and full planning)
- Surface water flooding assessments
- Surface and Foul Water drainage strategies
- Flood Management Plans
- Exceedance Events Analysis
- Analysis of surface water runoff for different storm events
- Environmental permit application support